11 Apr We’re hiring – Fund Controller
About Las Olas Venture Capital
Las Olas Venture Capital is a Florida-based early-stage investment firm backing the next generation of B2B tech founders. Las Olas VC’s mission is to provide capital while leveraging its extensive operating experience and network to help these founders win.
We invest in smart people who are building the future. This means technology that can redefine existing industries and create new ones. They typically have asymmetrical insight into a particular industry and the superpowers for building products that create ascending user networks, which as a result drive transformational value for clients.
The Fund Controller will be an integral part of the Las Olas VC team and will engage in a broad range of work including accounting and administration of all fund entities, supporting payroll and expense processing, monitoring bank accounts, and overseeing our outsourced fund administrator.
The Role – Details
- Based in our Fort Lauderdale office, hybrid work-from-home ok.
- Actively work to enhance operational excellence.
- Manage all accounting and administration of our core venture funds, SPVs, and other related entities.
- Monitor and reconcile all bank accounts.
- Assist with, or manage fund administrative tasks such as payroll, HR, expense reporting and similar functions.
- Work with portfolio companies on selected projects, and help with due diligence as required.
- Manage quarterly and annual valuation process, and support annual audit.
- Work with firm accountant for financial reporting and tax preparation.
College degree required.
Graduate degree and/or degree in accounting or finance a plus.
Prior PE/VC fund accounting experience required.
Good communication, oral presentation, writing, finance and organizational skills are essential.
Self motivated and able to work with minimal guidance in a lightly structured environment.
Must enjoy mixing with the technology and venture community.
$100,000 total annual comp + benefits, and opportunity for a share of carried interest
How to Apply
Please email your resume and a brief description on why you’re excited about the role to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. Only emailed applications will be considered, please do not call or mail. Thank you!